Some problems demand focus.
With concentrated attention by the right people at one time you can make important progress on a matter that, if it’s not resolved, will hold everyone back. Our strategic sessions are designed to make that happen:
- Draw on the collected knowledge and work together to make critical decisions.
- Capture your best ideas in the room, then take those ideas directly back to your teams for further discussion.
- Involves 5 – 8 specialists from within the business
- Short and sharp format, designed to achieve rapid resolution
- Costed per session
Fast-track your answer
If you need rapid answers to pressing brand questions, a strategic session lets you bring together the best brains from everywhere to focus on what’s blocking progress. In this context, small is powerful – and the pace and the single-mindedness of the session reflects that.
The problem’s the thing
Our strategic sessions are outcome focused. They bring a small, highly experienced group with different skills together to address the barriers that are holding back the whole organisation. No-nonsense. Provocative. Designed to use the full range of knowledge available to arrive at a clear, nuanced and practical solution – in as short a timeframe as possible.
Examples of strategic sessions
Strategic sessions are intended to accelerate problem identification and decision-making around issues that are impeding progress. Here are some examples:
- Stand Strong – Address what’s holding you back as a brand by bringing together the best people you can to think through your positioning, customer value proposition, brand promise or brand architecture.
- Culture-fy – Ask a select group to examine what defines your brand culture and how you need to change to be more aligned and competitive. We can run a session on purpose, or maybe vision and mission. Perhaps it’s time to examine your values and behaviours.
- Tell your Best Story – Work with us to draft the outline of your story. Once you have this narrative, decision makers and teams will have both talking points and a context for a full range of other actions.
Making the most of the time available
In a strategic session, everything focuses on capturing the very best of the group’s thinking in writing. Sometimes we use pre-sets to elicit a response. At other times, we create what’s needed from scratch. As this happens, participants literally see the thinking developing and changing in front of their eyes. There’s momentum – but there’s also the opportunity to circle the wagons and see the same issue from a range of perspectives.
When should you choose a strategic session?
Strategic sessions are a great way to resolve a barrier without taking senior people away from their other priorities for too long. Get to a competitive answer. Do it together. And then move on – knowing that others will then have enough to work with to bring what’s been decided to life. We recommend a group of 5 – 8.
Ready to fast-track
Because we haven’t got this group for long, a lot of preparation goes into making sure we are as ready for them as possible. That can mean, for example, pre-preparing provocations for the group to react to and/or making sure we are briefed on the current state-of-play so that the session can get to the nub of the issues as quickly as possible.
Please click below to make a time to chat through what’s impeding progress and how we could shape a strategic session for key people in your business. From there, we’ll draft a proposal setting out how we would approach developing a strategic session to get you answers.