1. No scandal is as bad (or as good) as you think it is.
2. Criticism travels faster than attention. In this digital age, it’s as fast as light.
3. Scandal travels even faster than criticism.
4. Fallout makes the best news. It balloons scandal into incident.
5. If you handle anything perishable, you must be response-ready. If you’re not response-ready, you won’t catch up.
6. If your key people are off-camera, you’re off-brand.
Photo of “High Speed Lights” taken by Liam Swinney, sourced from Flickr